In today’s health-conscious world, where hydration is rightly seen as a cornerstone of good health and sanitation in the workplace, the quality of the water we drink is of paramount importance. Many businesses turn to convenient solutions like tap water filters or pitcher filters, thinking they will suffice for clean office drinking water. However, a critical aspect often overlooked is the lifespan of these filters.
At Artesian Bottleless Water, where we specialize in providing top-notch bottleless water and ice coolers, we understand the importance of this and ensure regular filter changes are part of our service. But why are filter changes so crucial? Because it’s bad to drink from an older water filter, and we’ll happily explain why!
Understanding the Lifespan of Water Filters
The average water filter, whether it’s a pitcher type or a tap filter, has a specific lifespan that’s usually measured in gallons filtered or time. Typically, this lifespan ranges from 2 to 6 months, but it can vary based on the filter type and usage. Over time, the filter’s ability to trap contaminants diminishes, which means it becomes less effective at providing clean, safe drinking water.
What Are the Risks of Using an Old Water Filter?
- Bacterial Growth: Old water filters can become a breeding ground for bacteria. When a filter reaches its capacity, it not only stops filtering effectively but can also start leeching trapped bacteria and minerals back into the water. That’s when you start seeing floaties and other unwanted particles in your water.
- Reduced Efficiency: As filters get clogged with contaminants, their efficiency in removing impurities decreases. This means you might be drinking water that’s no cleaner than the normal tap water or in some cases, even worse. When it comes to your water filtration, efficiency is everything!
- Change in Taste and Odor: An old filter can impart an unpleasant taste and odor to the water, which is often the first sign that a replacement is needed. If you start to notice a rotten egg smell or the water tastes gritty and earthy, stop drinking from the faucet or pitcher and replace the filter.
- Health Risks: Drinking from an old filter can expose individuals to harmful chemicals and heavy metals that the filter was initially designed to remove. This can lead to health issues, especially in vulnerable populations like pregnant women, children, and the elderly. And in the office, this is especially crucial, where employee health is a top priority.
Why Regular Filter Changes are Essential
Recognizing these risks, we at Artesian Bottleless Water emphasize the importance of regular filter changes. Thankfully, this chore isn’t something your office has to worry about, as it’s covered by our technician team. But why would you not want to drink from an old filter in your bottleless water cooler? Here’s why:
- Consistent Water Quality: Regular water filter changes ensure that the water our machines provide remains clean, tastes good, and is free from harmful contaminants. We care about your drinking water and want it to be the best it can be for everyone in the office.
- Preventive Health Measures: By ensuring that water filters are changed regularly, we help safeguard the health of those who consume the water, reducing the risk of exposure to harmful contaminants.
- Cost-Effectiveness: Regular maintenance and filter changes can be more cost-effective in the long run. It prevents the need for more significant repairs or replacements on machines.
- Eco-Friendliness: Bottleless water coolers with regularly changed filters are a more sustainable option compared to bottled water, reducing plastic waste and environmental impact.
How Artesian Technicians Make a Difference
At Artesian Bottleless Water, our technicians play a crucial role in ensuring the quality of the water our clients consume. We make sure our techs are some of the most highly skilled and trained techs in the industry, guaranteeing you’ll have an excellent experience each time we enter your building.
- Expert Maintenance: As you can imagine, bottleless water and ice coolers are specialized machines. Our technicians are trained to understand the intricacies of water filtration systems, which means they can spot and rectify issues before they become a problem. They’re also trained to prevent problems from the get-go, solving issues on the day of installation.
- Regular Schedule: We follow a strict schedule to replace filters, ensuring that none of our units operate with an old filter.
- Quality Filters: We use high-quality filters that are capable of removing a wide range of contaminants, ensuring the water is safe for consumption. We even include an RO filter to further purify your drinking water. The final stage is to re-mineralize the water and polish every molecule for that refreshing great taste!
- Customer Education: Before we leave you with your unit for the first time, our technicians walk you through what to do and what not to do with your water cooler. Sugary beverages should never be poured down the drain and we will notify you when your scheduled regular maintenance and filter changes are to occur.
Ready to Ditch That Old Filter?
The answer to the question “Is it bad to drink from an old water filter?” is a resounding yes. The risks associated with old filters shouldn’t be ignored, especially in a business setting where the health of many can be affected.
At Artesian Bottleless Water, we take this responsibility seriously and ensure that our bottleless water and ice coolers always provide the highest quality of water through regular filter maintenance and changes. Remember, clean, safe drinking water is not just a convenience; it’s a necessity for good health. So, let’s get you set up with a new bottleless water cooler so you can ditch that old, dingy water filter at the faucet.
Sign up for a free 7-day trial today!